Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Khao Hom Billerica

I was going to the new Thai restaurant that finally opened in Lexington, but looking at their lunch menu, the cheapest dish is $11. A green curry with chicken is $12, and it's not even marked as spicy. None of the rest of the dishes really excited me, so I decided to go to Khao Hom Thai & Pho in Billerica instead. They might not have much in the way of ambiance, but the food is top notch, and they can do spicy. The twisty backroads are another plus, and I can get there in 10 min+. The owner is also nice and super friendly.



A different view today since my normal table was already reserved.



Lunch size Khao Soi ($9.95) with fish. "Egg noodles in a curry sauce with pickle green mustard, red onion, cilantro, topped by crispy egg noodles".I ordered the fish not crispy and it was cooked nicely. See the blackened chilis on top? They had been fried to a crisp and added both heat and smokiness to the dish when crumbled in. I love this dish, it has everything from textures to heat and tons of flavor. Yes, there was fresh chilis involved.

Address 258 Salem Rd, Billerica, MA 01821 Phone 978-362-8269

No comments:

Post a Comment