Sunday, March 24, 2019

Urban Hearth Cambridge

I had an excellent SHAKSHUKA at my previous brunch visit to Urban Hearth in Cambridge, and this is where I ended up again today. I had other plans, but they didn't work out.



They are located on Mass Ave before Porter Square. Metered on-street parking only. I found a spot just outside, and that was like a Miracle on Mass Ave.



Corned Beef Hash (14). "baharat roots & kale.| paneer | corned beef | fried egg | harissa". I had to ask what baharat roots were. Nobody knew, but it turned out to be the seasoning on the root veggies. This was an excellent dish with a perfectly fried egg on top. Not a steamed egg but a properly fried one. The house-made corned beef was excellent, tasty and tender. It was also a well-seasoned dish. After the egg was gone, I got a second helping of harissa. The harissa could have been spicier. The weekend brunch "Featuring table service, including 4 exclusive seats at the chef’s counter". I got a seat at the counter so I could watch the chef working two feet away. Service here is always pleasant and friendly.

Address: 2263 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140 Phone: (617) 682-7295

No comments:

Post a Comment