Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The NexMex Thing Peabody

The NexMex Thing in Peabody recently moved to Main Street, and I was curious to see what it looked like. I still don't get the name.


The website says that there is also parking behind the library, BUT that's only when the library is closed. The metered parking is only 25¢ per hour.



I like the seat yourself.



The dining room with the bar. They now have a full liquor license, and more importantly, they now have restrooms.



You get chips and salsa. The chips were fresh, but the salsa was a bit bland. Some hot sauce helped. You get rolled up silverware that are wrapped in minuscule napkins. They need to get some better napkins.



On Taco Tuesday the chicken (2.50) and the pork tacos (2.50) are half priced. Tacos come with pico de gallo and avocado sauce. The avocado sauce didn't make it. There was way more protein than what I remember from my last visit so I could have done with two tacos instead of four. The chicken was fine and is now well seasoned.



The pork tacos were really good and tasty. They were a bit greasy so the bottom of the corn tortilla kind of disintegrated. I also ordered a side of black beans (.99) that I completely forgot to take a picture of. The beans were cooked well but were on the bland side. Service from the bartender was fine. They use recycled containers for takeout.

Address: 77 Main St, Peabody, MA 01960 Phone: (978) 839-3931

2 comments:

  1. Probably a pun on "the next best thing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure it's a pretty clever pun.

    ReplyDelete