Saturday, June 15, 2019

Senmonorom Restaurant Lowell

Google maps were red all over apart from Rte 3 so off to Senmonorom Restaurant I went. If you find a website, let me know. I have had this Cambodian restaurant bookmarked for a while. Not sure why Google calls this place Sen Monorom?  



Even with the GPS, the restaurant was hard to find, It's set back from the road in a small plaza with no sign at the entrance. Plenty of parking.



The interior was bright, and the carpet was clean. The walls and ceiling need some work.



Everyone was raving about the Mekathung special ($8.95). I had to ask the waitress what it was since it was not on the menu. It turns out to be Chow Fun noodles. The special means that it has beef, chicken, seafood and fish cake. The sliced green veggie was raw but nicely crunchy, The noodles were all underneath, and it looked like a lump of noodles, but surprisingly they didn't stick together. So often you get noodles that are just a big lump gummed together. It was plenty of sauce, and I like that. Everything was cooked well. The dish was on the sweet side, so I had to ask for salt, and that helped. Also helping was the pickled jalapenos that had a very light pickle and most of the heat had been removed. When I saw this portion (medium btw), I thought leftovers, but I finished the whole thing. Service was pleasant, and everyone spoke English.


Address: 1671 Middlesex St, Lowell, MA 01851 Phone: (978) 275-0024

1 comment:

  1. Looks very nice.....the dish looks fresh. I never heard of it. Will bookmark it and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete