Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Gaetano's Stoneham

Gaetano's in Stoneham is participating in the Local Eats 2020 week that started yesterday and runs through Sunday. I had a very pleasant breakfast on my last visit. They offer a 25% discount on their regular lunch menu.



They are located on Main Street, and there is only street parking available, but at least it's free. You can see the outdoor seating area to the right. I just noticed on their IG page that there is free parking behind the restaurant.



The bar and the upper dining room.



You get bread (the end was stale) and butter (rock hard), but the middle piece was really good.
There were several dishes on the lunch menu that looked interesting, but I settled on the Baked Scallops Florentine (15). "Scallops, Garlic, Shallots, Parsley, Spinach, Bread Crumbs". The scallops were good sized and cooked perfectly. The whole dish was very tasty and enjoyable. The mashed potatoes were the real thing with lumps. Unfortunately, it had been overworked and was a bit gluggy. Service is always pleasant here and Debbie, a veteran of 28 years here, remembered me from my previous visit and promptly comped my meal since she really liked my previous write up. How nice was that? Made my day.

Address: 271 Main St, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 279-0100

No comments:

Post a Comment