Thursday, May 28, 2020

Burlington Jade Burlington

Burlington Jade in Burlington is a small takeout place that someone I know frequently gets takeout from. I have had their lunch #26 Salt and Pepper Pork Ribs (8.25) that wasn't very salty or peppery, and there were no ribs involved! However, they were excellent and very tasty, and I had it twice.



They are in a small plaza with limited parking. When I called they said 20 minutes, but my order was ready in 10.



Only one person at a time is allowed in. After I figured out that Wui Wor Yoke on the menu was twice-cooked pork, I got all excited, but it turns out that they are not using pork belly, so it was a pass.



Instead, I went with General Gau's Chicken (8.25) from the lunch menu. "Cubes of chicken coated with water chestnut flour and eggs. Deep fried until crispy and cooked with hot sweet and sour ginger sauce". I also added on the B Jade Fried Chicken (1.75) from the apps menu. The fried chicken was excellent, tender, crispy and juicy. They are lined up on the outside of the plate. I do believe it was a chicken thigh and it was a big one. I'll get this again in a heartbeat. The GG's chicken was all dark meat (as it should be) with a very thin batter. Next time I'll ask for extra sauce and extra spicy. Last time I had GG's chicken it was a minuscule nugget of chicken heavily coated in batter. Here they do it right. Oh, this is half of my order! The rice is leftover basmati rice. The chicken wings (2) on the appetizer lunch menu are two 2/3 pieces of a wing and they are really big and meaty. Both on the phone and picking up the people are very pleasant.

Address: 271 Cambridge St, Burlington, MA 01803 Phone: (781) 272-9913

No comments:

Post a Comment