Friday, September 25, 2020

Iron Town Diner Saugus

I have been to Iron Town Diner in Saugus a couple of times and have been very pleased with the food and service. They have daily specials that are posted on their FB page.


There is parking in the busy plaza. They have a few tables outside, and I managed to snag one. Small bees were buzzing around, so it will be inside the next time. It was a super nice day today to sit outside.


The inside is very nice, with everything properly spaced and the bar has plexiglass dividers.


The special today that attracted me was the Roast Leg of Lamb (16). "Slow roasted leg of lamb topped with a vegetable lamb gravy served with mashed potatoes and choice of vegetables". The vegetables weren't very exciting, so I asked for extra mash instead. I also got extra gravy. The vegetable lamb gravy sounded strange, but it turned out to be very tasty. Big chunks of carrots and celery, so I got vegetables after all. The lamb was excellent, tender and juicy. Almost all taste has been breed out of the American lamb in the quest for lean meat. The mashed potatoes were the real thing but could have done with more butter and cream. I asked for extra butter and got the whipped white version, that doesn't even taste of butter. Overall I was very please with both my lunch and the service. I have had their excellent Reuben and the very good Hash and Eggs.

Address: 325 Main St, Saugus, MA 01906 Phone: (781) 558-2070


1 comment:

  1. They have great desserts--puddings served in big Mason jars with lots of whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete