Saturday, July 2, 2022

The Treasury Burlington

The Treasury - Indian and Greek Kitchen in Burlington is visited over the July 4th weekend by Famous Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi. "Special and Royal Dishes from Our new Khyberpass Menu". They will only serve from the special menu over the weekend.


Read more about the chef on his Wiki page. He became known for the phrase "Namak Shamak".


Fresh flowers and condiments were already out. This wasn't your usual chutneys, and both were very good. You should take the spices in the second container, sprinkle them on the onions, and then eat them with the kebabs. Of course the onions had been properly washed.


This is the chef's special tasting menu. The top left is non-vegetarian apps and the top three on the second menu are the non-vegetarian mains. There was also an A la Carte menu. And a beer flights menu, drink specials menu.


Below the cherry tomato is the mutton burger. To the right is the chicken kabob with an excellent truffle sauce. Next was an excellent cooked salmon with a great seasoning. A very well-cooked shrimp was next, followed by chicken on the bone. I'm not a fan of chicken, but this was awesome. I sprinkled some of the aforementioned spices on the salad. I would be done for the day if I had finished all of this.


Sides for the entrée. Mushroom rice that was, as usual, perfectly cooked. I like potatoes, and they were delicious. (I have to stop myself from using excellent everywhere). The Dal Treasury, which I haven't tasted before, was a delightful encounter. I got enough bread to last me for a week.


For my main, I picked the Lamb Shank because you can never go wrong with that choice. It was falling off the bone tender, and the pepper cream sauce was excellent, delightful, and it was enough sauce. I really dislike it when you don't get enough sauce. Tiramisu for dessert. This was probably the tastiest meal I have had in a long time. Service is always professional and pleasant here.

I was invited as a media guest, but all opinions are my own.

2 comments: