Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

I have heard good things about the Mapo Dofu at Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington so I decided to try it for lunch today.



I ordered it as a rice plate, it's also on the lunch menu but who needs the watery soup? I asked for it extra "MaLa" and it was spicy enough due to the finely sliced birds eye chillies that were added. If there were Sichuan peppercorns in there I could neither smell or taste them. There was a very small amount of ground meat in there. As a Ma Po To Fu (menu spelling) it was forgettable. They were just reviewed in the Boston Globe and they had the same comment as I and almost everyone else have, not enough heat. Bringing it to their attention get the comment, if we make it too spicy it gets sent back. I wonder if they have actually tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment