Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sichuan Palace Chelmsford

I have been there a few times for lunch now and isn't too impressed. Seeing the menu and hearing that the chef was from Top Garden in Tewksbury I was really excited but I'm must say that I'm disappointed. Even the hot and sour soup is just meh and shows nothing of the knife work that was displayed at Top Garden nor the seasoning or taste.



Fried Sichuan Duck from the specials on the wall looked pretty good and for $8.50 you get a good amount of duck. The boneless duck could have been crispier and was a bit on the dry side. Taste? This tasted like something a normal Chinese restaurant would serve, throw some Bell Peppers in there, add some Chili flakes and let's call it Sichuan. Not very exciting at all.




Interior is nice and they have taken down most of the UGLY 2 feet square signs on the wall that had the table number on them.  The older waitress I know from a number of previous restaurants so it was nice to see her again. The young and pretty one is an asset to the place and very good.
After having had my lunch I asked how long ago since the chef left Top Garden and it turns out he left towards the end of last year so this is not, as I stated elsewhere, the good one that built Top Gardens reputation but the one that took over after him and caused them to lose their Chinese clientele.

The thought of the Day.
If you have been open for 5 months and the waitresses don't know the table numbers, you are in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment