Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spicepepper Garden Acton

Spicepepper Garden in Acton is just on the other side of the big rotary and I haven't been here since my MaPo Dofu adventures a while back and again it was a nice ride down 2A especially since the sun decided to show up after a dreary morning. You pass all these historical sites and also some working farms where you can see live hamburgers walk around.




Springroll appetizer was a bit greasy and the filling was mushy. Not having a good week for springrolls. Hot and Sour soup here is pretty good, but you don't get soup when you order soup, kind of makes sense.



Spicy Pork Rib Noodle Soup was an excellent rendition of this dish. This is the first time I have seen it as spicy and it was but really good. Noodles were chewy and kept their texture. Wonder if they are homemade? The green stuff on top is thinly sliced Bok Choy. Porky goodness all over with a very nice broth. I always tuck the napkin into my neck because there will be red stuff all over the place when noodles and chili oil is involved.




They were nice enough to seat me where I could keep an eye on the kitchen entrance and the waitress station. Sushi bar to the left.


Stopped by the Concord train station where Aigo Bistro used to be to check if it's still here, but it's gone. Monceb Medeb's Aigo Bistro is where Ana Sortun (of later fame and fortune) started. When I worked in Maynard this was a real favorite for lunch and such a treat. She was a great chef even when starting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment