Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blue Stove Burlington

Blue Stove is on the second floor in Nordstroms in Burlington and probably the only reason for me to visit the store. Small plates, nicely priced, table seating or you can do as I did and sit at the counter facing the open kitchen and watch the food being prepped.




Started with Salt and Pepper Calamari dusted with Lemon Zest. Perfectly cooked, crunchy and tender and they give you the tentacles as well and I'm happy with that since I think they are the best part. I hear one order coming in "Rings only".




Risotto Croquettes with Serrano Ham & Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce. Looks kind of boring but boy was this good! You cut into the Croquette and it oozed Serrano ham and cheese! The risotto was perfectly cooked and the croquette was crunchy on the outside. The tomato sauce was fantastic, acidic and tomaty and garlicky.(Both pictures I took of this dish was slightly out of focus, sorry).




For some reason, I was offered a Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco to try and it too was delicious! The taco shell was paper thin and I watched them making the shells when I arrived. It's a really nice room and the service was perfect as expected. Prices run from about $5 to $12.50 for the crab cakes.


Blue Stove on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment