Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Guadalajara Grill Malden

Guadalajara Grill and Bar  in Malden is owned by the same people that operates Mexico Lindo in Melrose and it got a nice write-up in today's Boston Globe.




Beautiful bright interior with nice furniture and decor. There is a row of booths along the wall where I'm sitting. They also serve outside on the patio. Parking is a problem, but they validate for up to two hours in the nearby parking garages.




Homemade chips and salsa arrive promptly and the chips are delicious as are the salsa, rich in flavor, a little bit of a bite from the finely diced onions.




I tried the Beef Fajitas that are served on a bed of green pepper and onions. Comes with Rice and Refried Beans, Pico de Gallo and a good sized dollop of Guacamole. The beef needed seasoning and was mostly overcooked even after I tried to rescue it from the bottom of the dish. Everything else was fine. I liked the refried beans but then I like them out of a can as well. I left the two tortillas since there was enough food without them. The name of the restaurant comes from the hometown of the (owner/manager?). The prices was a little bit high at $9.45 for lunch, but you can't complain about the portion size. I'll be back to try the rest of the menu, very nice people and I have high hopes for this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment