Friday, October 5, 2012

Luna Rossa Tewksbury

When I bought a Groupon to Luna Rossa in Tewksbury I thought it was a different restaurant so I'm glad I checked the location before heading out there for lunch today.



Very unassuming exterior but a beautiful interior, open kitchen and a nice mural and nice furniture. Big bar to the left. The place was empty when I got there just before noon but filled up with two big parties arriving as well as a number of diners. I was wondering why they had two waitresses at lunch, but they got busy quickly.


An Italian loaf of bread with a nice dipping oil supplemented by some fresh parm arrives quickly.


Chicken Saltimbocca served with Arancini was cooked competently enough and the Arancini was nice and creamy on the inside and crisp on the outside. Two chicken breasts so you certainly got enough food, prices for lunch are a bit on the high side but can't really complain about the amount and the quality of the food. Service was also very good and efficient. There was also the obligatory Italian looking manager complete with gold chains. For these prices, they should really have linen napkins and that's my only complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment