Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

There was a comment about Taipei Gourmet's Twice Cooked Pork made and I couldn't get that out of my mind so I had to go there today and for the first time in a long time order from the lunch specials menu.



The hot and sour soup was OK, Not as tasty or rich as I remember from my first visit but that was quite a while ago.



Twice Cooked Pork was really tasty with tender pork and crisp cabbage and peppers. Even the tofu triangles were good and I'm not a fan of tofu. This is a very traditional Chinese dish and was competently executed with a hint of heat included. It was good enough that I finished the whole dish and I normally don't do that even at lunch. I had asked about this dish previously, hoping it was made with pork belly so I already knew that this would be the traditional pork loin.

No comments:

Post a Comment