Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Simply Khmer Lowell

I had to go to a Walmart and I usually go to the one in Chelmsford since there is civilization nearby as opposed to the closer one in North Reading. This was also a good excuse to revisit Simply Khmer in Lowell. I was dead set on getting the Crispy Chicken Wing and Rice lunch special but found to my dismay that they don't serve the lunch specials anymore and the prices have also increased.



I ordered the Bai/Cha Kroung Rice plate with Pork described as steamed rice served with stir fried meat, stir fried with garlic, onions, lemon grass, red/green bell peppers, holy basil, jalapeno, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, and red chillies. There were no traces of either the jalapeno, kaffir lime leaves, galangal or the red chilies so this was another disappointment.




To get over my disappointment of missing the wings, I ordered an order of Wings Angkor Style to go. This is Chicken wings stir-fried in onions, red/green bell peppers, jalapeno, scallions, red chilies. This is HOT and the wings are crispy, tender and absolutely delicious even if they might knock you out! The menu used to say 10 wings, but they are now down to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment