Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

I'm coming down with a serious cold so I wasn't too hungry and having found out that Taipei Gourmet in Lexington are actually serving the famous soup dumplings I decided to try them today.



The soup dumplings are listed on the menu as Steamed Mini Juicy Buns and I did inquire during my first visit if this was in fact soup dumplings and was told no, so I never tried them until today. You get 8 small dumplings with perfect skins and filled with delicious pork and soup. The skin was tender but strong enough to hold the soup and the only drawback was that there could have been more soup inside. The dipping sauce was OK, but I must admit I liked the sauce at Szechuan's Dumpling up the street better, it had a stronger vinegar and ginger flavor. The jury is still out on who had the better dumpling, I'll try SD again later when they have settled in a bit. TG now offers free Wi-Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment