Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Louie's Pizza Woburn

Louie's Pizza in Woburn opened in 1952 on Main Street and is now run by the two sons, Derek and Randy. I had no idea that they were open for lunch until I read about them in today's Boston Globe. I knew only that they closed when the dough ran out and that usually happened before my dinner time.



3 tables and a few chairs in the pickup area and that's it. Owen is out in the back, they still have an old fashioned cash register.



Louie’s Special is a 16-inch pizza made with cheese, pepperoni, hamburger, sausage, salami, linguica, peppers, mushrooms and onions. I asked for garlic instead of mushrooms and that was no problem. I called in my takeout lunch order and the pizza was ready on time. They say on their website that the pizza will be cooked well done and they are not kidding. It was crisp! The pie was almost flat bread like and too hard for my taste, but the dough was very tasty as was all the toppings. The tomato sauce was a bit sweet but really good nevertheless. 
Update. After microwaving the leftovers, the crust was nice and soft.

Louie's Pizza Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment