Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Aquitaine Chestnut Hill

I had a really nice lunch at Aquitaine in Chestnut Hill last year during the Restaurant Week. The Restaurant Week is now called Dine out Boston with more flexible pricing so it was a chance to revisit the restaurant. Unfortunately, very few restaurants outside of Boston is doing lunch this year.



Bread is delivered in a Boulangeri bag and I thought that was cute.



The first course was Roasted Bone Marrow Croustade with Smoked Sea Salt, Pommery Mustard and Soft Herb Salade. This was really excellent with the herbs and the mustard cutting the richness of the bone marrow.



The second course was Berkshire Pork Cassoulet, Braised Shoulder, Smoked Belly and Garlic Sausage with White Burgundy Braised Bean Ragout. The belly was crispy and tender and the whole thing was just yummy! I prefer my cassoulet to be a little bit more liquid, but that's just a small nit.



Dessert was Pain Perdu au Chocolat with Salty Caramel and Chantilly Cream. This was my least favorite dish, but I was also a bit stuffed at this point.



When I left close to one there was only bar seating left. Nice place, excellent service and I'll be back at least one more during the two weeks of Boston Dine Out. Certainly worth $15..

No comments:

Post a Comment