Thursday, May 29, 2014

Golden Ginger Wilmington

I haven't been back to Golden Ginger in Wilmington since 2012, but the hostess still remembered my name.



It's set back from Rte 38 by quite a bit and is located between an auto parts store and a Dollar Tree store. Doesn't look like much but the interior is quite nice and there is also some window seating.



Choice of three bowls of soup and I usually stick with the Hot & Sour. It's OK but despite having chili flecks in it, it was still fairly bland and lacked complexity.



After my Chicken Curry fiasco last week I wanted a proper chicken curry for lunch. Unfortunately, they are overcooking the wings again but the skin was crispy even if the inside was a bit dry. The Chicken Curry was nice with a nice curry flavor and lots of chicken. There is also water chestnuts in there and they give it a nice crunch. Inexpensive and not bad, service is always prompt and courteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment