Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

I'm usually lucky when selecting lunch dishes, but today I really got a dud at Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington. Worst ever.



The pork bone soup was today augmented with tofu skin. Not much of an improvement.



Curry Chicken. How can this go so wrong? Does it look gloppy? It was REALLY thick and gloppy with not much of a curry taste at all. I must say that the chicken, and it was a good amount of chicken, was really nice cooked dark meat but it also had potatoes in it. POTATOES! In a chicken curry! They were nicely cooked and I like potatoes but not in my chicken curry.

2 comments:

  1. So, chicken curry is often considered a fusion dish. Potatoes often appear in chicken curries in India, Malaysia, and Thailand, as a cheap, natural thickener (or other root starches). Did you ask the wait staff what ingredients were in the curry? If not, this was probably on you in terms of the potatoes (but not in terms of the glop).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to get potatoes in my vindaloo but I have never seen it in a curry in a chinese/taiwanese place.

      Delete