Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sichuan Gourmet Billerica

Sichuan Gourmet in Billerica is part of the expanding laosichuan empire and the Billerica location is the one closest to me. It's also the original location. Small and very very busy at lunchtime so I try to get here early or after one to get a table. They are so popular that they don't serve from the lunch menu on Fridays. The lunch menu is fairly limited and I usually end up with either Z03, Z06, Z11 or Z20 but decided today to try something different.



Who could imagine that behind this facade in a small strip mall in Billerica hides one of the best Sichuan chefs in New England? I got here just after 11:30 and by 11:40 the place was packed and at 12:30 there was still people waiting for a table.



Zha Jiang Noodle w. Pork & Spicy Sauce said the menu and this was a dish that I haven't tried before and who could have guessed that it was a soup? Perfectly cooked noodles, bok choy and the pork on top. When they say spicy, they are not kidding, there was some serious heat in this dish but at the same time it was also really flavorful. A famous quote from a neighboring table that was eating beef and broccoli "I think the Chinese food is better in NY".

1 comment:

  1. Excellent quote, clearly they are connoiseurs.

    For my money Sichuan Gourmet is one of the best restaurants in the Boston area regardless of price. Will have to try the Zha Jiang Noodle w. Pork & Spicy Sauce on my next visit.

    ReplyDelete