Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sichuan Gourmet Billerica

Almost done exploring the lunch menu at Sichuan Gourmet in Billerica. There is one more after today, but I'll skip that one since I think I already had a spicy variant of the Pork w. Vegetables & Chinese Mushrooms last week. No picture of the soup today!



I didn't have much hope for the "Chicken & Asparagus w. Cheng Du Special Sauce" but it was surprisingly good. The sauce was rich and tasty and the asparagus was cooked really well and the chicken was tender. I finished the whole thing, apart from 98% of the enormous mound of rice. Seriously busy today with four large parties with advanced reservations.
Conclusion? I think that the Spare Ribs Noodle Soup and the Sichuan Double Cooked Bacon are the best dishes on the lunch menu. Everything else ranges from good to very good. Least favorite was last weeks Pork w. Yu Xiang Sauce. What surprised me was that the Hot and Sour Wonton Soup was so delicious that it is now put into the rotation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment