Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sichuan Gourmet Billerica

After my excellent lunch here at Sichuan Gourmet Billerica last week I'm determined to try all the dishes on the somewhat smallish lunch menu.



I had the Ma Po Tofu here a long time ago and wasn't too impressed but seeing the dish at a nearby table last week I had to give it another chance. Silken tofu in a spicy mala sauce ordered extra mala (extra numbing and spicy) it certainly lived up to that. This is the dish that convinced me that tofu is actually edible. I really like how it comes in its own bowl so that you can serve yourself since I really don't like all the good stuff just soaking into the rice. Again the place was absolutely packed at 11:45. The serving spoon actually ended up being the eating utensil today since this is not doable with chopsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment