Tuesday, July 8, 2014

China Star Lowell

China Star in Lowell has no web presence at all, but an old menu can be found HERE. Prices have gone up slightly, half a roasted duck is now a dollar more.



This is the original location on Broadway, there isn't a lot of parking and for a quick takeout you can park on the street (I think).



Roast Pig Belly Rice Plate, still $7.75, was a serious amount of perfectly cooked pork belly with lots of crackling, a mountain of rice and some bok choy. The pork belly was seriously delicious!



Who can resist a crispy duck? Half a duck ordered to go for only $12.50! This is seriously dirt cheap. You can also get the pork belly only for $8.25/pound. I think I'll do that the next time I get a craving for pork belly. They also have a Duck with Vegetable & Egg Noodle soup for $7.75 that I have to try. Duck and Egg Noodles in the same dish, how can you go wrong?



The Chef in action cutting up pork and duck and in true Chinatown style you can see the meats hanging behind the glass wall. Yes, everything still has the head on. Really nice guy and he took me out back to show me the humongous owen where the next batch of ducks was slow roasting.



Plenty of seating, no table service, and they were doing a brisk takeout business and they are open late, 1 AM normally and 3 AM Fri and Sat! Everyone was really nice and helpful "you want that to go? Here let me pack it up". Only drawback was that there was no tap water available, the first time that ever happened to me.

China Star on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment