Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beijing Chinese Dining Lexington

Beijing Chinese Dining in Lexington recently opened in the space vacated by the Indian restaurant Khushboo.



I found the name a bit strange, would have thought that calling the restaurant Beijing would imply Chinese dining so I think the name really is a bit of a tautology.



I must say that the interior impressed me with good furniture and muted colors, it looked very elegant. They also have tables outside on the patio.



The lunch menu didn't say anything about soup but to my surprise a bowl of Hot & Sour Soup arrived. The soup was lukewarm and neither really hot or sour.



Twice Cooked Pork ($7.95) made with pork belly so that made me happy. A bit of a transgression from the standard dish since they had included green and red peppers and also onions. Despite having a nice red hue pool of chili oil, it wasn't really spicy, in fact, it was kind of sweet, and that made it a bit strange. Some of the pork was on the dry side, but most was good. You also have a choice of Spring Roll or Chive Dumpling and I went with the Chive Dumpling. A fairly substantial dumpling filled with chives and egg with one shrimp hiding at the bottom. It was OK. I usually order white rice since I detest the pork fried rice but here I saw that the fried rice was the white fried rice, normally called house fried rice, so I'll try that the next time. Everyone was very friendly, service was really good, and the waitstaff was nicely dressed. Parking is metered parking unless you know where to find free parking.

Beijing on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment