Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Khushboo Lexington

After my lunch yesterday at Taipei Gourmet in Lexington I took the scenic route home through Lexington and noticed that Khushboo (terrible website) is now serving an all you can eat lunch buffet so I decided to try it today. You can never have too much Indian food.



The interior is spotless and very nice and bright. I noticed that the carpet is getting worn down, but they have been here a long time. Notice the copper clad room that contains the Tandoori oven and you can watch the chef perform his magic in there. They also serve outside on the terrace, weather permitting. It's a fairly small buffet for $9.95 and there are the normal condiments available and salad as well.



Onion Pakora was nice and crisp. Chicken Korma had nice and tender chicken. The Tandoori Chicken, Chana Masala and the Cabbage and Peas (forgot the name) was all outstandingly good! So was the Dal, that ended up in a soup bowl since it was a little bit runny. Everything cooked perfectly and really really nicely spiced. For a buffet this was a really nice surprise, this was so tasty. Service was very attentive, water glass was refilled promptly and empty dishes was whisked away. I wish the staff wouldn't look so grumpy, I always say Thanks when my water was refilled but no response. I used to go here for Sunday lunch but gave up due to the grumpiness and the inability to order my lunch with the level of heat that I wanted. Their medium was very mild and their hot was really hot so I tried to explain that and asked for something spicier that medium but less that hot and the response was "We have Medium and Hot" so I gave up on them. Too bad. the food here has always been very good.

You can now subscribe using the orange RSS button at the top.

Khushboo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment