Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fife and Drum Restaurant Concord

Time to go to prison again, e.g. another visit to Fife and Drum Restaurant in Concord, located inside the minimum security prison. I got there at just after 11:30 when they open, and the place was packed. Had to share a table with two au pairs, one from Austria, and one from Germany and that was an added bonus.



After I got flagged down by a guard, I found out the no camera rule also apply to any prison building. This one from the barn was OK.
The food? House salad or Caesar both with the dressing on the side and I went for the Caesar. Soup today was Philly Cheese Steak Soup, and that sounded really weird, but the soup was excellent, dark and creamy and really tasty. For mains, I had the Ham and Sausage Egg roll-up with hand cut French Fries. The roll-up was surprisingly good with a good quality ham and decent sausage. The French Fries was really excellent, wish more places served fries this good. The other mains was grilled swordfish with a lemon sauce served over rice pilaf. Both the girls ordered the fish and they said it was really good. Three good sized pieces of fish and it was not overcooked, according to them. I was so stuffed at this point that I skipped both the Mud Pie and the Strawberry shortcake dessert. I got my change this time, so it only comes to $3.21.



It's a working farm, one calf surrounded by a few geese!

No comments:

Post a Comment