Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sichuan Palace Chelmsford

I haven't been back to Sichuan Palace in Chelmsford since January 2013, and I wasn't too impressed by anything back then but saw that they have Double Cooked Pork Belly on the menu, and I decided to give them another try for lunch today.



The Hot & Sour soup have improved and was actually a little hot, but the sour part was mostly absent.



Double Cooked Pork Belly ($7.95) looked really good. Look at that chili oil pooling there! Not only did it look good but it was really good with a ton of tender belly and it was actually spicy. You also get the white tender part of the leeks and not just the dark green part. Could have done with some more fermented black beans but despite that, I was very happy with this. Oh, there was also a chicken wing app involved, but it did come out so late that I forgot to take a picture. I think they will be back into my lunch rotation again. The UGLY signs above table A4 and A5 are till there. You would think that after 3 years the waitresses would know what the table numbers are, especially since 2 of the 3 that was there today have been there since they opened. Only negative thing was that if the hostess is wearing a down jacket you can expect that it will be a chilly experience and it was. Turn on the heat, will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment