Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

The rain was starting to turn into sleet today when I headed out to Taipei Gourmet in Lexington for some lunch. I haven't been here in a while, and the foyer was now nicely painted, and new lighting has been added. They also had a very professionally made slide show of the dishes on the menu showing on the TV. Nice way to educate people about the more unusual dishes.



Pork w/ Snow Cabbage in Noodle Soup ($7.59) was way better than I remember it and I was happy the first time I tried it. The broth was really, really tasty with a deep, complex flavor, as was the veggies and the pork. Comparing this to the last noodle soup I had up the street was like comparing apples and oranges. To top it off, there was an unannounced 10% holiday discount applied to my bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment