Thursday, December 4, 2014

Beijing Chinese Dining Lexington

There was an article recently in the Boston Globe featuring Beijing Chinese Dining in Lexington, so I knew to stay away from the Beef Noodle Soup that was reported as being very bland.


No appetizer when you order from the Noodles section but you get Hot & Sour Soup. The soup is changing and for the better, I think, it's getting closer to hot and sour, but I'm not sure how I like the current taste.



Noodles with Beijing Sauce ($7.50) comes with the Beijing sauce on the side, and when I asked the waiter what to with this the reply was "It's Beijing noodles for eating". Not very helpful but I can figure out that they should be mixed together. Cold cucumber and pieces of raw celery come with the noodles. The noodles were completely unseasoned and also had a puddle of the cooking water left in the bottom of the bow. I thought it was strange that there was no meat involved but there was beef hidden in the Beijing sauce. The sauce itself was very salty but when mixed with the bland noodles it turned out very well and was a very pleasant dish in the end, apart from the watery puddle in the bottom of the bowl. I made sure to get here a bit later and then the heat was turned on. I must admit that I have mixed feelings about this place, but I'll probably be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment