Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fishbones Chelmsford

I was going to Lowell to pick up some Christmas food, so I decided to have lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in the area, Fishbones in Chelmsford.



I managed to get a seat at the kitchen counter and it's always interesting to watch the chefs work. It always amazes me how small the typical restaurant kitchen is. What you see in the background is the actual cooking area. I had the Sesame Yellow Fin Tuna Steak Sandwich ($11.99) cooked rare! Grilled sushi grade #1 yellowfin tuna steak, marinated in sesame oil, coated in sesame seeds and grilled to temperature. Served on a potato roll with pickled ginger, wasabi, seaweed salad, lettuce, tomato, pickle, homemade coleslaw and French fries. As usual, everything was cooked perfectly and was really delicious. 



This used to be the fish market! I was told it was removed a couple of years ago, and I never noticed but I normally only go here in the summer and sit outside. It actually looks better without the fish counter present. They were absolutely packed at lunch today with people still waiting for a table when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment