Saturday, March 7, 2015

Bernard's Chestnut Hill

I used to be a regular at Bernard's in Chestnut Hill when they were located in the mall, and I was living in the area and have hardly been back since, but today I was going to Aquitaine for their Boston Dine Out lunch offering, but despite what the website said, they did not offer it on a Saturday. Not happy about that but decided to stop at Bernard's new location in the same area. Strangely enough, I can't find any web presence of Bernard's at all, only a few sites showing outdated menus. 



Interior is nice and way bigger than their old location. Big bar area with a number of flat screen TVs.



The Hot and Sour Soup was really good, but unfortunately, I only had about two minutes to taste it before my food arrived. All tables also get duck sauce and hot mustard. The hot mustard container looked really sloppy, but you get linen napkins.



Beef with Sichuan Ma La Sauce ($11.25) and a couple of crab rangoons. I ordered it extra ma la but either that didn't work or the dish is really mild to start with. The spicy dishes were marked with a red star, and at the bottom of the menu it said * Mildly Spicy. Despite that it was a pleasant dish, the mushrooms were of good quality and not overcooked, and the beef was tender without being mushy. Not a fan of crab rangoons but they were OK, nice and crispy apart from where they sat in the sauce. Service was iffy, didn't get chopsticks until I flagged down my server and water refills wasn't offered until I got the bill.

  Bernard's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment