Sunday, March 8, 2015

MuLan Waltham

I was going to Davio'S in Lynnfield for their second week Boston Dine Out lunch offerings and the appetizers looked good as did the desserts, but the mains only so-so and thinking about it I realized that I can get half a duck for dinner, one main dish and a fried rice for lunch at Mulan in Waltham for just about the same amount of money so off to MuLan I went. They had huge Chinese New Year's Specials menus on the walls but alas only in Chinese so I have no idea what I'm missing. How much more work would it be to include an English translation? They are also expanding into the now vacant space next door.



Vegetable Egg Fried Rice ($7.95) is a humongous platter of finely cut veggies and nicely seasoned rice. This could serve as a main dish alone.



They brag about this dish on their homepage so I had to try the Smoked Pork with Leeks ($11.95) and I was impressed. This was really nicely smoked tender pork with leeks and lotus root.



When the take home container is packed this full, I always suspect that I didn't get all of my leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment