Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

On a whim, I decided to visit Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington for lunch today. I haven't been back since late last year when I basically gave up on them due to poor lunch options and really bland food. Only a few customers at lunch today and the place were freezingly cold. Hmm, I wonder if this could be related?



The H&S soup that comes with lunch looked very pale but was actually OK. The soup lacked a depth of flavor but was piping hot. The ingredients were mostly tofu skin.



Lunch Flounder Fish Fillet ($7.25) ordered extra spicy. You might be careful about what you ask for since this was seriously spicy even for me. You can actually see the sliced Thai bird eye chilies in the dish. A nice big portion of good quality fish cooked nicely in a very nice sauce that I believe had actual Sichuan peppercorns in it. Another restaurant that's trying to get you to eat the Chinese way, e.g. you don't get a plate to eat off. I guess you could scope the rice onto the serving platter if you want but going food to rice bowl to mouth is OK. Did I say that this was seriously spicy?

No comments:

Post a Comment