Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dumpling Daughter Weston

Nice day for a short road trip so I headed out to Dumpling Daughter in Weston to continue exploring their menu.


They are located next to a grocery store in Weston center.


Decided to try an old standby, Grandma’s Beijing Meat Sauce Over Spaghetti ($10). Lean pork, firm bean curd, bean paste, cucumber. A big heap of unsalted spaghetti topped with cucumbers and some meat sauce. There wasn't too much meat in the sauce, it was mostly tofu. Was it worth an extra 30% over my normal haunts? Not really, nothing stood out either in prep or taste. I rather pay $7.59 at Taipei Gourmet. This dish has a number of names, Bejing noodles, Peking Noodles etc.


I also ordered the Sally Ling’s Wonton Soup ($5). Lean pork wontons with scallions in chicken broth. I kind of expected to receive this first, but that was not how it was delivered. The wontons themselves was excellent, with thin skin and tasty pork, but the wonton soup was on the salty side apart from that it was really tasty, but this is the first time I had a wonton soup that wasn't clear. "Crispy Noodles" was delivered in a separate bag and I wasn't really sure how to eat them. Nadia stopped by to check in on me and offered to redo the soup when I mentioned that I thought it was salty.


No visit to Weston is complete without stopping by my buddies at Boston Sportscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment