Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sichuan Gourmet Billerica

Still working on the New Chefs Specials at Sichuan Gourmet in Billerica for my Sunday lunches (and dinner).



I started with Youpo Handmade Noodle W. Fresh Cucumber ($5.95). It looked prettier when it arrived, but I promptly mixed everything up before I remembered to take a picture. This is basically Gene's #4, but with much more uniform noodles. The noodles were fine, with a nice texture, but I discarded half of the pile of chopped garlic that was on top.



The waitresses are nice and efficient, but can't describe the dishes if their lives depended on it, so I blindly ordered the Chengdu Street B.B.Q. ($15.50). Chengdu usually means dry fried and spicy and BBQ is BBQ, right? Much to my surprise, I got a big plate of crispy fish and dry fried veggies. It turned out to be a really nice dish with everything nicely seasoned and somewhat spicy, but everything was cooked perfectly. The crunchy bits were crunchy, and the soft bits was soft without being overcooked. I was surprised at how much I liked this dish. Again on a Sunday lunch, they were almost at capacity with a ton of takeout going out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment