Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mario's Lexington

Now when Cafe Luigi's in Bedford is temporarily closed, I needed another Italian restaurant for when I get a craving for red sauce. Thanks to a fellow blogger, Mario's Italian Restaurant was brought to my attention. I have walked by this place so many times and paying them absolutely no attention, but in my defense, I was always on my way to have lunch somewhere else.



They are located smack in the middle of Lexington Center and there is just a short walk down here from where the free parking is.



It's a small place and it couldn't look more Italian than this. You only get paper napkins, but at least they are of seriously good quality.



I was set on trying their famous Baked Ziti, but I was informed by my very nice waitress that they ran out yesterday and that normally happens at the end of the week. Instead, I opted for the Spaghetti and Meatballs ($6.99). You get two enormous pieces of very fresh bread with whipped real butter that comes in a little package. The pasta was cooked nicely but lacked salt. Seriously lacked salt. The meatballs were just OK, not too dense, but the meat sauce was really delicious. You have a choice of marinara or meat sauce. The service was fine and I had an absolute gem of a waitress, got water refilled without asking and she also packed up my leftovers nicely. I had to ask the table next to me what they had, looked like Lasagna, but it turned out to be an enormous lunch portion of Chicken Parm.

Click to add a blog post for Marios Italian Restaurant on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment