Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Garcia Brogan's Waltham

Garcia Brogan's Cantina. Pub & Restaurant in Waltham also has another location in Lowell, but this was my first visit to either, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I mean Irish and Mexican food together? "From our fun and inspired Mexican and Irish menu to our all-encompassing whiskey and tequila selections, we have what you are looking for!"



They have a very unassuming storefront and doesn't really stand out. Waltham is also currently installing brick sidewalks just outside the entrance.



In keeping with the Irish part, you get chips and salsa. The chips were a bit stale and the salsa was just OK.



Nothing on the website indicates that they have a limited lunch menu, so that surprised me a bit since I had my heart set on the Shepherds Pie, but that was not to be. I ordered the GUACAMOLE ($2 Small). "Made fresh, In-house with jalapenos, onions, cilantro, lime juice and tomatoes, topped with queso fresco and roasted corn". I don't think the corn was roasted, but this was a big portion of excellent guacamole for a merely $2 and the jalapenos made it more enjoyable. Things are looking up!



Not sure what I expected when I ordered the ROASTED JALAPENO CAESAR WRAP ($7) served with house-made chips. "Romaine, queso fresco, roasted corn, grape tomatoes, jalapeno Caesar dressing". I didn't expect this enormous wrap, yes it was seriously big, and of course, I didn't realize that the chips would be the British version of chips. Now the chips were some of the best I have ever had, light and fluffy on the inside and nice and crisp on the outside. The wrap was also excellent with a lot of grilled and tender chicken, it was more chicken than salad, and the Caesar dressing had a bit of a kick from the jalapenos. This was a steal for $7.



It looks more like a sports bar than a restaurant. Enormous bar.



This is the other side of the cavernous room, all high tops. They got a fair amount of lunch business that the bartender handled well, service was really pleasant and prompt.

Garcia Brogan's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment