Saturday, October 24, 2015

Grassfields Waltham

I stumbled upon Grassfields Food and Spirits in Waltham and after looking at their lunch menu I decided to pay them a visit on this frigid Saturday. They are located on Lexington Street that is off Trapelo Road, so they were easy to find. They also have another location in Andover. Might be different ownership since there are two separate websites with no reference to each other.



They are located in a strip mall with plenty of parking but with a very confusing traffic pattern. I wonder why the name on the building itself has an apostrophe, it's not used anywhere else not even on the awning.



You get an enormous loaf with what substitutes for butter these days.



From the lunch menu, I ordered BAKED STUFFED SHRIMP & N.Y. Sirloin ($12.99) with a loaded baked potato (+$1 for the loaded part). The loaded gave me cheese and bacon bits but I really like my baked potato and this one was good. Unfortunately, the promised butter was again the whipped butter substitute. The shrimp was OK, nothing to write home about. The 8oz. N.Y sirloin was either previously frozen or not the right cut. The texture of the beef did not correspond to an N.Y. Strip. It was cooked as ordered and had a nice char from the grill. Reading through this, my brain read N.Y. Sirloin on the menu but translated this to the more commonly named N.Y Strip. The texture is right for a sirloin. Overall it wasn't too bad for that price and I might be back for their lunch Fish and Chips.



Interior was just about as expected and the service was prompt and very friendly. When I asked the hostess if I could have a booth next to the window, she said that there was no waitress assigned to that section while the waitress was standing at the next table. When she realized, I was quickly seated. They got really busy a little bit later and with the very reasonable priced lunch menu, I'm not really surprised.

Grassfield's Food & Spirit Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment