Monday, October 19, 2015

Santa Banta Waltham

I decided to change up my Monday Indian lunch selection and headed down to Santa Banta in Waltham on this sunny but cold Monday. I was looking forward to this, they are very active on social media and I hoped the food would live up to the hype.



They are located towards the upper end of Moody Street. There are free on street parking but no painted spaces so you might get boxed in.



Decent sized buffet but the price was $12.95. Two appetizer choices and five vegetarian choices plus basmati rice.



Six meat choices. I think the last two are desserts.



Condiment selection with papads and some more desserts.



I really liked the Jalapeno Pakora and the Spinach one was tasty as well. Unfortunately, both were stone cold and so was the Spinach and the Potatoes with Green Beans. The Daal was runny and lukewarm. The Tandori chicken was tasty and tender and so was the Chicken Wings. Guess what? Both were again stone cold. The only dish that was hot was the chicken curry, so I guess that was the only thing that was made fresh today. The Papads was nice and spicy.



Naan is freshly made and brought to the table and this is the amount they brought out for me. The Garlic Naan was OK.



The interior is bright and pleasant and I think they are also moving into the space next door. In keeping with the rest of the experience, the interior was also freezing cold. I believe that the heat was starting to come on when I left. Well, I tried them but there are better choices around.

Santa Banta Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment