Monday, November 9, 2015

Guru the Caterer Somerville

Guru the Caterer in Somerville is located just over the border from Arlington on Broadway and I saw on his website that they now have another location in Boston.



There is on-street metered parking. I must admit to liking his slogan.



I started with a Lamb Samosa and $4.99 gives you two very substantial ones. There were copious amounts of peas and less of lamb, but it was really fresh and tasty. Did I say big?



I went with a Combo Meal ($11.95 for the shrimp one) and picked the TADKA DAL as my veggie option. "Yellow lentil sautéed w/ garlic & spices". This was delicious but a bit runny. The basmati rice was light and fluffy and very aromatic.



SHRIMP CURRY was cooked in coconut curry sauce that was really good and the shrimp was good sized and really tender. It was also shock full of shrimp. A very pleasant curry.



The combo also included two freshly made chapatis.



You also get a seriously fierce chutney and a delightful tamarind chutney for the samosas.



Nothing really exciting about the inside. Plasticware and water are available if you want to eat in.



There is some seating and it was very nice to have my lunch in the sunshine inside.



They also have seating on the outside patio. I have forgotten how good and tasty his food are and you also get very generous portions. He uses whole spices in his cooking, nothing wrong with that, but I tend to stay away from the Biryanis since biting down on a whole cardamom when you are inhaling the dish isn't very pleasant.

Guru the Caterer Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment