Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sullivan's South Boston

On this warm and sunny day, I decided to do something that I have put off for a while, namely visit Sullivan's located on Castle Island in Boston. They will close for the winter at the end of November but until then all hot dogs are half price, how good is that and their famous lobster roll is only $10.95.



I finally got here after my GPS took me somewhere where a security guard told me I had to turn around. Well, that got sorted out and I got to Sullivan's in the end. Plenty of parking and outdoor seating. There is no indoor seating and they will close if the weather is bad. Look what a gorgeous day we had today.



This is the Chili Dog with Cheese ($2.95) and when they charged me the full price I was told that the half price was only for hot dogs. This looks like a hot dog to me. The Kayem hot dog had a good snap and the chile was mild but pleasant. Some diced onions (no charge) livened things up a bit.



And then the hero, Lobster Roll ($10.95) was served on a toasted bun with very little mayo and no fillers. The lobster was tender and it was a good amount of claw and knuckle meat. Not bad for that price and this was a really pleasant lunch sitting outside in the sun. Of course, the take-off path from Logan was directly overhead.

Sullivan's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment