Saturday, January 23, 2016

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

Definitely a day for some noodle soup so I headed out to Taipei Gourmet in Lexington while waiting for the big storm to hit us. This will probably not happen.



Look at that sky and it's cold outside as well.



One of my favorite soups here is the Spicy Pork Noodle Soup ($7.59). Nicely cooked noodles in a rich and spicy broth and it were spicy without me ordering it extra spicy but they know me here. The pork was lightly browned and that added a new dimension to the soup. This is new and I forgot to ask Ewa if they have a new chef. For some reason, the baby bok choy was spicier than the soup itself, not sure how they managed that.



The lunch crowd on a Saturday, it was filled with families doing the weekend Taiwanese Dian Xin. It's nice to see them so busy. They also have plenty of off-street parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment