Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Farmstead Table Newton

Farmstead Table in Newton is located on the busy Union Street and they are, as the name implies, using locally sourced meat and produce.



The outside looked very smart and inviting.



The pleasant and bright bar area with the hostess station.



The bigger dining room was also nice and bright. This seems to be the spot where "The Ladies" of Newton meet for lunch.



I decided to go for the American Wagyu Beef Burger (18). "House-made onion roll, smoked bacon, pickled mustard greens, sesame soy mayo and a choice of hand-cut fries or salad." "Add aged cheddar + 2" and I did add the cheese. As you can see, I went with the fries and they were excellent, light and crispy. The burger was perfect with a coarse grind and very juicy and for once I got a burger that was cooked a perfectly medium rare. The thick cut bacon was also prepared nicely and the pickled mustard greens was a nice addition and added some tartness. I forgot that I had planned to visit for brunch so now I may have to visit them again. Fresh flowers on the tables and they give you a carafe of ice water and that's something I really like. Not the cheapest but the quality of the food made it worth the money. Service was very pleasant.

Farmstead Table Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment