Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Modern Rotisserie Newton

Modern Rotisserie in Newton is located on the busy Needham Street with free off-street parking. It's a high traffic area so parking can be hard to find.



To complicate things further, the Modern Rotisserie is located inside the New England Soup Factory.



This is the Soup Factory and the Rotisserie is located at the other end of the building.



Here we are, finally! The food and sides are kept hot in the steam tables. There are signs for specials etc but there is no menu available at all. There is a number of TV screens but I could never find a list of what's available and what the prices were. I must admit that I found this a bit strange.



Having done my homework, I knew that they had "Double Leg and Thigh Plate with two sides ($10.95). I didn't know the price until it was time to pay. There wasn't too much that appealed to me as far as the sides go, but I settled for Mashed Potatoes with Gravy and Cranberry and Blue Cheese Slaw. The mashed potatoes were really smashed potatoes since it had lumps in it but only a few potato skins but it was seasoned nicely. The gravy was really just a greasy au jus that was very thin. The slaw was good but if there was any blue cheese in it, it was either a very minuscule amounts or a very mild cheese since the flavor of the cheese was absent. I liked the cranberries. The chicken was tasty with a nice apple brined flavor. There is a fine line between crispy skin and burnt and this approached the latter and the chicken was also borderline dry on the outer layer of meat. I think I prefer the chicken and sides at La Rotisserie in Chestnut Hill. They also have a menu with prices available.

Modern Rotisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment