Friday, June 10, 2016

Panera Bread Wilmington

I wanted something lighter on this gorgeous Friday, so I headed out to Panera Bread in Wilmington.



They are located at the end of the shopping plaza almost behind Sonic.



They all look the same inside, don't they?



I was looking forward to having the chili again but of course, it was not available today so for my Pick 2 I started with the Summer Corn Chowder ($3.99) and chips. The chowder was on the sweet side and had a hint of acidity but overall it was too sweet for me. The veggies were also on the soft side with something really mushy making an appearance from time to time. I didn't finish the soup. The chips were good even if I'm not a fan of kettle cooked chips.



The second part was a Chicken Caesar Salad ($4.99) that had a very tasty and tender chicken but even if the croutons was crispy they lacked seasoning. The dressing was mild and the parmesan was mostly absent. I could have done with a sharper dressing and also more of it. My total was $9.61 and I must admit that this seems expensive to me. Considering that my last meal at Chilis across the street with a salad, ribs and fries and a dessert was $10.99.



This was the nice seating area with the big windows.



The other two dining areas was a bit darker. I give them a plus for quickly bussing and cleaning the tables.

Panera Bread Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment