Sunday, June 19, 2016

Red Heat Tavern Wilmington

I had a pleasant meal at the Red Heat Tavern in Wilmington on my last visit so when I saw that they had an interesting special for Fathers Day I decided to go back on this absolutely gorgeous Sunday.



I expected them to be busier today but even if the outside seating filled up it was still kind of slow at lunch time.



I decided to celebrate fathers Day with an Extra Extra Dry Tanqueray Martini. It was reasonably priced at $9 but it was the weirdest tasting Tanqueray Martini I have ever encountered. It was almost fizzy, I have no idea what went into it, the bartender might have missed the extra extra dry part and put vermouth into it.



The interesting special was 1 1/2 Lbs of Alan’s Signature Ribs for $19.95 (normally $18.95 for a pound). "All-natural fall-off-the-bone pork ribs slow-cooked w/ Harpoon cider, finished w/ a chipotle BBQ glaze, fries, coleslaw". I asked if I could have the Jumbo Tater Tots instead of the fries and that wasn't a problem at all. "Hand-made, jumbo tater tots stuffed w/ applewood-smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, Provolone & American Grana cheeses". Doesn't this sound way better than fries? The tater tots were excellent and a real treat and I didn't miss the fries at all. Who would? The ribs are too much falling off the bone to qualify as good BBQ ribs but despite that they were excellent with a nice smokey flavor, a crisp bark and the sauce is really tasty with just a hint of heat. The slaw was fresh.



The open kitchen in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment