Saturday, June 18, 2016

Woods Hill Table Concord

I have been intrigued by Woods Hill Table in Concord since they opened but they only did dinner but when I found out that they do brunch on Saturdays off I went.



Convertibles are made for days like this and I can get here from home using only the backroads so this was a beautiful trip. They also have private parking behind the restaurant.



The kitchen is behind the glass partition.



The inside is very nice and rustic with quality furniture.



The big bar area that had live jazz playing today. At the other end there is a small patio on the outside.



The brunch menu is limited but when I saw the Hog in a Hole ($15) I was sold. "Crispy pork, confit, two poached farm eggs, hollandaise, pickled onions, toast, frisee". That should be crispy pork confit and the frisee had been replaced with pea shoots. I thought they had skimped on the pork but then I found out that hole in the bread was packed with more pork. The pork was outstanding and super tender and tasty. Maybe there is something about the "farm to table" concept! The two poached eggs were really two 63° Sous Vide cooked eggs so they were perfectly cooked. The bread was super light and perfectly toasted with just a light crunch. The hollandaise was, naturally, perfect. What a nice meal in a very nice setting. They also have a Cubano with confit shoulder and that one is already calling me.



The bill arrives in a cute little wooden thing that had cut outs on the side for your credit card, or cards if you are splitting the bill.

Woods Hill Table Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment