Friday, June 17, 2016

Jumbo Seafood Newton

I remember going to Jumbo Seafood in Newton once a long time ago for Dim Sum when I used to live nearby and they are still in business.



The faded canopy shows how long they have been here. The big parking lot across the street is busy so you have a good chance to find a spot that's already paid for.



It's been a long time since my last visit but I remember the bar area as being bigger but, as I said, it was a long time ago.



The dining room wasn't very exciting either but it was clean. Not overly busy at lunchtime but people trickled in and also some takeout.



Duck sauce, soy sauce and mustard arrived but I quickly swapped the duck sauce for some chili oil.



I decided to make it an appetizer day and started with the Crispy Fried Calamari w/ Salted Pepper ($6.25). Not sure what "salted pepper" is but I'm assuming it meant salt and pepper. It looked fine but the body parts were way overcooked and rubbery and lacked the salt and pepper coating. The tentacles, on the other hand, were cooked better but tasted fishy so this dish was a write-off.



Szechwan Wonton in Peanut Chili Sauce ($4). Good sized wontons and the sauce was tasty with some heat but the wontons themselves was stone cold. I left them for the doggie bag.



After the Jumbo's Crispy Spicy Wing ($4.75) arrived thing started to look better. The menu said 4 wings so I assumed that I would get four pieces of wings but what arrived was four actually wings so this was a really good deal. The wing was crispy and cooked nicely and the roasted garlic and thinly sliced jalapenos added a nice fragrance and heat.


Last was the Har Kow ($4.75). The Steamed Shrimp Dumplings was nice with a very tender wrapper but they were a bit bland since the finely sliced ginger that usually are present in this dish was absent. The service was nice and my leftover was nicely packaged and I also got a small container of the chili oil to go.

Jumbo Seafood Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment